}}} esoteric cinema puke, facial neuralgia inducing techno-funk, subliminal disco ooze, dubby & blunted four to the floor, electro-kraut toxic mind prisms, woobly bass melt, dusty folk & space pop sampladelia, klonopin synthesizer jams, balearic psych cathedrals, and other miscellaneous noise {{{

Friday, November 07, 2008

As Above, So Below



Well, I've spent most of the year in hiding. But not without any results, I suppose. The dreaded Master's thesis is kaput/ done/ completed and I get to move on from the realm of education for the foreseeable time being. This thesis was a short film project that ended up considerably longer than suspected, finishing at 27 minutes. Thematically I have a lot of things to say about it - a written component was required - but for here all you need to know is that As Above, So Below is an audiovisual journey through the mindscape of California featuring the city, the desert, the coast and the pathways that connect them. Sounds courtesy of Burial, Quiet Village, OOIOO, Massive Attack and more. Some clips can be seen on my new video production blog.

http://aaronrietz.blogspot.com


I made a small series of homemade covers to give to a few friends and supporters. I like how they turned out so I scanned and posted them below....
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
















No comments: